Download Men of Color: A Context for Service to Homosexually Active by John Longres PDF
By John Longres
- a cross-cultural comparability of id, networks, and social help styles between European-, African-, and Latino American males looking companies from an HIV prevention program.
- an ecological overview version that may be utilized by social provider execs operating with African American men.
- an historically-based description of local American males that ends with their very own exact imaginative and prescient for scientific services.
- a assessment of the literature on Latin American and Filipino men.
- an historic exam of Korean norms and attitudes on homosexuality.
- a dialogue of an utilized study time table for homosexual males of colour that derives from the necessity to enhance supply of social services.Men of colour asserts that homosexually energetic males of colour are usually stuck in a trouble: they need to choose from their ethnic and sexual identities, both placing their ethnicity ahead of their gayness, or their gayness ahead of their ethnicity. The ebook predicts that the trap of sexual freedom, coupled with the relief of previous traditions, will bring about a brand new synthesis of homosexual and ethnic identities and is helping provider companies facilitate this synthesis. no matter if you’re a social merchant, social paintings or wellbeing and fitness educator, or gay/lesbian reviews educator, you can find males of colour an excellent advisor for making improvements to your services.
Read or Download Men of Color: A Context for Service to Homosexually Active Men PDF
Best gay & lesbian nonfiction books
English author and raconteur Quentin Crisp (1908–1999) turned a celeb and homosexual icon on the age of 60 with the book and televising of his 1968 memoir, The bare Civil Servant. Unapologetically unconventional, he stuffed books and articles together with his witticisms and critiques on pop culture, and packed theaters all over the world along with his one-man express a night with Quentin Crisp.
One of many founders of the homosexual and lesbian liberation move, Jack Nichols used to be a warrior for homosexual equality. Recounting his existence and paintings, Jack Nichols, homosexual Pioneer: “Have You Heard My Message? ” skillfully weaves the tale of a guy, a circulation, and a second that formed homosexual and lesbian heritage. This robust biography captures the knowledge, ardour, and spirit of a prolific activist and inspirational person who refused to be silent in a society that thought of homosexuality to be sinful and legal.
Transgender conversation reports: Histories, traits, and Trajectories brings scholarship in transgender reviews to the leading edge of the conversation self-discipline. Leland Spencer and Jamie Capuzza offer a extensive starting place that records the evolution of transgender conversation reviews and demanding situations primary assumptions concerning the courting among verbal exchange and identification.
In Post-Queer Politics, Ruffolo appears on the paintings of Foucault, Butler, Bakhtin, Deleuze, Guattari and others in his artistic refocus at the queer/heteronormative dyad that has mostly ate up queer reports and modern politics. He deals a thorough and intersectional new state of mind approximately category, race, intercourse, gender, sexuality and talent that extends past queer stories to be really transdisciplinary in its concentration and political implications.
- Virtuous Vice: Homoeroticism and the Public Sphere (Series Q)
- LGBTQs, Media and Culture in Europe (Routledge Research in Cultural and Media Studies)
- Ain't Gonna Let Nobody Turn Me Around: Forty Years of Movement Building with Barbara Smith (SUNY series in New Political Science)
- What Do Gay Men Want?: An Essay on Sex, Risk, and Subjectivity
- Cruising the Library: Perversities in the Organization of Knowledge
- Closet Space: Geographies of Metaphor from the Body to the Globe (Critical Geographies)
Extra resources for Men of Color: A Context for Service to Homosexually Active Men