Download De-Centering Sexualities (Critical Geographies) by Richard Phillips,David Shuttleton,Diane Watt PDF
By Richard Phillips,David Shuttleton,Diane Watt
* a lesbian in rural England
* sexual existence in rural Wales
* sexuality in rural South Africa
* scandal within the American South: intercourse, race and politics
* nature and homosexuality in literature
* Derry/Londonderry as a sexual space
* how 'country folks' are sexualised in renowned culture.
Read Online or Download De-Centering Sexualities (Critical Geographies) PDF
Similar gay & lesbian nonfiction books
English author and raconteur Quentin Crisp (1908–1999) turned a star and homosexual icon on the age of 60 with the book and televising of his 1968 memoir, The bare Civil Servant. Unapologetically unconventional, he crammed books and articles together with his witticisms and reviews on pop culture, and packed theaters world wide together with his one-man exhibit a night with Quentin Crisp.
One of many founders of the homosexual and lesbian liberation flow, Jack Nichols was once a warrior for homosexual equality. Recounting his lifestyles and paintings, Jack Nichols, homosexual Pioneer: “Have You Heard My Message? ” skillfully weaves the tale of a guy, a flow, and a second that formed homosexual and lesbian heritage. This strong biography captures the knowledge, ardour, and spirit of a prolific activist and inspirational individual who refused to be silent in a society that thought of homosexuality to be sinful and legal.
Transgender communique reports: Histories, traits, and Trajectories brings scholarship in transgender experiences to the vanguard of the communique self-discipline. Leland Spencer and Jamie Capuzza supply a huge starting place that files the evolution of transgender verbal exchange reviews and demanding situations basic assumptions in regards to the dating among conversation and id.
In Post-Queer Politics, Ruffolo appears on the paintings of Foucault, Butler, Bakhtin, Deleuze, Guattari and others in his inventive refocus at the queer/heteronormative dyad that has mostly ate up queer stories and modern politics. He deals an intensive and intersectional new state of mind approximately type, race, intercourse, gender, sexuality and skill that extends past queer stories to be really transdisciplinary in its concentration and political implications.
- Seeing Straight: An Introduction to Gender and Sexual Privilege
- Out at the Movies: A History of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transexual and Queer Cinema
- Either Civilized or Phobic: A Treatise on Homosexuality (Humanism Series)
- Virtuous Vice: Homoeroticism and the Public Sphere (Series Q)
Additional resources for De-Centering Sexualities (Critical Geographies)